Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Interview 2.0 2010


I didn't know what I wanted to for an Halloween interview on this blog. I always want try something bigger then usual and i decided to E-mail as many  Horror Host as possible and i wasn't sure if I would get as many Horror Host that i did. I got13 Hosts in all to participate in the first Halloween Interview of this blog. Below are their responses to the Halloween questions

Roxsy Tyler : The host of the Carnival of Horror.   

1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

My plans on Halloween differ each year. I trick or treated up until I was 15 years old but now it seems everyone's "too old" for it. Bah! Every October I got to a haunted hayride. It's a tradition with me, my family, and my friends.

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

I'm a child at heart. When October comes rolling around I absolutely have to watch Ernest Scared Stupid and Hocus Pocus.

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?

I'm quite fond of whoppers!

4. Did you every you every go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?

I did used to go out on mischief night but honestly I wasn't much of a trouble maker. I was a trouble watcher though I was always guilty by association. I would go out with my friends and watch them throw eggs at people's houses. It was the one night a year I got exercise from all the running we did.

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?

Yes! October 2nd I will be part of Black Collar Radio's Terror in the Woods Music Festival in Millville, NJ which includes some of the best bands from the tri-state area! Some of my favorites actually! I will be debuting my Halloween special there.

And on October 9th I will be visiting the Valley of Fear Original Haunted Hayride and Attraction in Feasterville Trevose, PA.

Penny Dreadful: Host of  Shilling Shockers        
1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

 Some people give things up for Lent. Some people fast on Yom Kipour. Me? Well, you could say I make a big sacrifice every Halloween.

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

Ray Bradbury's 'The Halloween Tree' or the 1931 'Dracula.'

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?
Chocolate is my fave, but candy corn is tied for favorite during the Halloween season

4.  Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?
Yep. Very bad things involving eggs and school.

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?

Attending the Monster Fest show, the Rock & Shock Convention and hosting a Halloween rock 'n' roll dance contest on the 30th. On Halloween itself I vanish into the crisp night air and ride the winds, breathing in the scent of dead leaves and All Hallows Eve candy.
Hexoxo,
Penny Dreadful

Victor Von Scary : The host of  Fridaynight Frightnight.           


1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

My Halloween traditions include hanging my jack o' lanterns from the trees in my yard , hitting the dollar stores for cheap masks and decorations and on Halloween night i always buy about $100 in candy and take it to the park in my home town and pass it out .

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

Well , i cant really say i have just one movie i like to watch on Halloween , but i NEVER miss the Simpsons Halloween Specials , even if the on a week after Halloween.

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?

My favorite Halloween candy was always that 'Mr. Bones' candy , it was a bunch of little candy bones that came in a little coffin , and you could fit all the bones together to make a full skeleton ! , but i haven't seen any of those in years .

4. Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?

Well we used to call it Devils Night, but no I didn’t, by the time i was old enough to stay out all night without getting into trouble , I always had a girlfriend who would talk me out of going out and doing crazy stupid stuff .

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?

No I don't have any 'big events' planned for this year, I'm just planning on hanging out with some friends , carving some pumpkins and eating some candy .

Sally The Zombie Cheerleader                                                      

1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

Well, let’s see…
I really enjoy decorating the front of the house and turning it into a cemetery.
(It makes me feel at home) Then there’ s the yearly Halloween party. I’ll also take great pleasure in watching older black and white and silent horror movies. (Hammer, Universal…) There’s also the yearly trips to all the local haunted attractions that we can squeeze in during the month of October. Zombette, Zomboy, and Mr. Hairyhand do enjoy going to a neighbor’s house, every year on Halloween, and scaring the life out of unsuspecting Trick ‘r’ Treaters. This has been a Zombie Tradition for many, many years! We tend to make sure we enjoy ourselves every year during Halloween. Our true tradition is having fun as a zombie family!

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

That’s a tough one as there are so many horror/sci-fi flicks to choose from.
I think the one movie I tend to watch every year without fail would be Universal’s Wolfman. I’m a sucker for Lon Chaney Jr.

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?

Candy!?! Chocolate dipped fleshes. I like the chewy centers. They make me smile.

4. Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did What did  you do?

You’d be amazed by the amount of havoc one young zombie could wreak before Halloween. When I realized this, I decided that one night is just not enough. Frankly, as a zombie, every night is mischief night!

Later, when Mr. Hairyhand was old enough to be allowed to wander alone with his friends, he reveled in mischief night. Hands are very handy for climbing into trees and weaving great lengths of toilet paper into the branches.

5. As a horror host do you have any events for Halloween this year?

We are currently working on the Sally, The Zombie Cheerleader’s Halloween Special! Tons of special guests and surprises. It will the highlight of the Halloween season!!

My website is  http://www.thezombiecheerleader.com/

and my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/thezombie.cheerleader

and youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/thezombiecheerleader


Rob Dimension: The Host of Late Night At the Horror Hotel.              

1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

For Halloween, my tradition used to be to decorate my house..really try to make it have the "Halloween" vibe, but as time has gone on I actually find my decorating my house all year long. Halloween just makes it easier to find some fun decorations. I just love and enjoy Halloween that I celebrate it all year long. My tradition now is to just make the most of the season, the weather, the way that Fall looks..even the air...it's my favorite time of year

2.What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

My favorite film is Halloween, so for me...yes, I know that I could watch it any other day, but it is a MUST watch movie on Halloween. I usually play a few Halloween films. I actually enjoy Halloween 3, the sleeper of the series that most people leave out. I thought it was original, just didn't need the Halloween name attached.

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?

 Ohhh...Candy, I might lose all train of thought here. I LOVE Peanut M&M's (is it insane to say that the Easter colors make them taste better?) and have a few bags around my place now. I also enjoy the mini candy bars...haha..I always think Oh, 1 or 2 won't hurt anything, until I look down and see that I just consumed 15 mini candy bars. I like The 100 Grand Bars.

4. did  you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?

I used to go out on Mischief night when I was younger, not so much anymore. I think the real spirit of Halloween has been lost. It's so commercial, most houses don't give out candy and a lot of kids put on a Football outfit or old clothes (you know..the "Bum" costume) so times are different.

When I would go out, I would ride my bike all over the neighborhood, I wasn't into destroying property, I think I just liked being out on that night. I am a HUGE fan of the aspect of "All Hallow's Eve, so the mystic made it special.

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?

Yep, we are super busy. On Halloween weekend, we are scheduled to attend The Carnival of Fright Horror Convention in Hudson Valley, NY. We are featured guests and will be hosting the Saturday Night costume party and possibly some of the Paranormal hunt on Friday night. On Sunday we will be at Hotel of Horror/Altered Nightmares hosting our show and performing for the Live crowd.

Here are some links -

http://www.carnivaloffright.net/

http://www.hotelofhorror.com/


John Cannon: The Host of Late Night at the Horror Hotel.

1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

My Halloween traditions are only one…the carve as many pumpkins as I possibly can.

2 .What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

Critters (the entire series)
3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?
 peeps

4.      Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?
Heck yeah I did…soda on cars, shaving cream on windows and gasoline on paved parking lots, fun stuff, lol

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?

 I have a ton of events; I and the rest of the guys from Late Night at the Horror Hotel are all over the place in multiple states. Check us out at www.latenighthorrorhotel.com

Pigamortis Wrex : The Zombie Pig from Lat Night at the Horror Hotel.

1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

 As of the past few years I have ALWAYS watched AMC's MONSTERFEST 24/7 till Halloween.

2.What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?
Favorite horror/sci fi is now TRICK R TREAT (was formerly Dawn of the Dead and the THING (original and remake)

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?
 Candy Corn, make myself sick off it EVERY year.

4. Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?

Not that you can prove!

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?

We haven’t stopped since the Halloween season began.

Mr. Halloween Jack                                                                

1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions

Creating a graveyard on my front lawn. Been doing that for 25 years now.

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

Night of the Living Dead
3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?

Why, candy corn, of course.

4. Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?

Used to go out all the time with my friends. We would soap car windows and egg houses. Nothing overly destructive.

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?

I will be attending the Chiller Theater convention in NJ. I will also (hopefully) be broadcasting from there live, with Karlos Borloff and Ormsby.


 Miss. Gory Rae                                                                          
  

1. Do you have anyHalloween Traditions

Well...It used to be pumpkin peoples houses...and getting kicked out of at least one haunted house...It's really the only night going outside and mingling with the norms, who? Of course, know no better...Because well, we are ALL Monsters on Halloween! *grins like a madwoman*

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

 HAS to be a Vincent Price...ALWAYS. I know this as true, as He died on the 25th (of Oct.) so? Think about it...when did Vincent get most airtime on the TV?? Around HALLLLLOWWWEEEN!!! So...I figure he died just about his shows would of started playing...Kind of a strange twist on many actors, especially my Patron Saint..(Ha-ha, the 'Saint'...Get it??) Of Halloween. (Oh...and THE HAUNTED PALACE...Lovecraft story.)

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?


Hmmmmm...I always like Taffy. But? I absolutely treat myself, whenever possible, to those sweet lil pills...On rolls of paper? Yeah....Used to LOVE popping those...Flying Saucers, Hershey's kisses...The old standing caramels... (The typical black and orange wrappers?? They call them Halloween Caramels...but, I don't know what they really are...)

4. Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?


 I STILL do...He bee
But? Before I hit 13? Of COURSE! There are more reasons to go out than stay in...As I said...sure we punked stuff...But? After 13? It became 'MUCH' more...

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?


Um...Sure, But I guess that is something you will have to hear about from another, Cause well...My activities are, how shall I say? Improvised, and nobody knows until then...Sometimes? Not even myself...

You NEVER know where I will pop up.

Check out the movie trailer for Night of the Unwed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TirzBcETmbA
Also read more about Miss Gore Rae in Night of the Unwed at http://blog.junglemedia.ca/test/night-of-the-unwed

Gore De Vol                                                                  
1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?


 I really try and make Halloween a day for the kids, after all for every other day is Halloween. I will put some speakers out playing Midnight Syndicate, a fog generator, some flashing strobes in the upper floor windows, maybe some shadow cut outs and a red up light to give me a really spooky look when I open the door. They then have to reach into my cauldron to get some candy and with the candy is a mechanically moving hand.

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?


 I don't have a favorite movie to watch on Halloween, because I'm having fun with the kids coming to the door. If I did have one, it would be "Young Frankenstein."

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?


Spice Drops!

4. Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?


 Never did a mischief...that I'm willing to tell about.

5. As horror hosts do you have any events for Halloween this year?


This year I will miss the kids, although I will have someone else working the house as described. I will be doing a personal appearance in Winchester, Virginia for the Virginia premiere of the movie about my career..."Every Other Day Is Halloween

Host MrLobo: The Host of Cinema Isonmia                           


1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

Traditionally Mr. Lobo eats better around Halloween so we like to play with and waste food. Mr. Lobo has an experiment where we mutilate gourd-like squash of the genus Cucurbita and let them rot on my front stoop. Since it’s my most prosperous season, Mr. Lobo also likes to hit the sales the Day After Halloween to do my yearly shopping for –Well-Everything…clothes, kitchen wares, pantry items, birthday-X-mas-Valentines-Mothers day-bereavement gifts! It’s the only time I can buy amenities and necessities that suit Mr. Lobo’s demanding tastes.

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

Mr. Lobo likes to watch really, really misunderstood films on Halloween—something that won’t distract me too much since it’s usually a work day. Federal laws allows Lunch and Coffin Breaks enforced by the Wage and Hour Division of the US Department of Labor—during those times I like to watch PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE because that film makes my breaks seem like they last longer.

3. What’s Your Favorite Candy?

Mr. Lobo loves Candy Corn. They say it’s not addictive but it is habit forming. I especially like the ones that have the tips broken off or the ones that are accidentally made with two colors instead of the traditional three. I wrote a whole song about it called “Candy Corn” we changed the name to HALLOWEEN CANDY since I don’t really mention Candy Corn in the song. It’s on the iTunes so you can listen to it and guess where I could have mentioned Candy Corn. Make a game of it.

4. Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?

Every “Devil’s Night”, as we call it, Mr. Lobo likes soap windows, TP the BP, smash and destroy early Christmas decorations at major department stores, crank call my mother, and set fire to television stations and sponsors that have wronged me or my show CINEMA INSOMNIA in the past.

5. As a horror host does you have any events for Halloween this year?

Mr. Lobo always has tons of projects but here are some I can talk about: This year we are putting on a LOBOTRONIC FILM SHOW on the 16th of October in San Leandro at the Bal theater, on the 18th –a special guest spot at a FORBIDDEN THRILLS showing of MANSTER and WEREWOLF IN A GIRLS DORMATORY at Forbidden Island Tiki Bar in Alameda, and hosting a VINCENT PRICE RETROSPECTIVE, ZOMBIE BEAUTY CONTEST and many other events at the 4 day SACRAMENTO HORROR FILM FESTIVAL October 21-24. Mr. Lobo also will be lending his PR, voice, and other “skills” to the FOLSOM GHOST TRAIN October 22-31st, and as an thrice ordained reverend (Universal Life Church, Church of the Subgenus, Church of Ed Wood), Mr. Lobo will be performing the solemnization duties at a huge Halloween Wedding on Halloween Proper—The lucky couple originally wanted Elvira, but she wanted 25,000 dollars and I’m *ahem* considerably cheaper.

MsMonster: Is the Host of Hell on ice.

1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?

Pumpkins, costumes, horror movies, Oct full moon ceremony, roaming cemeteries. You know the usual stuff but it is just made more momentous cause the air is crisp and there are extra spirits roaming about

2. Whats your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?
Who has time to watch a movie on Halloween!!!!!! You should be out partying a hole in your costume! However as I get ready I typically watch Halloween, Suspiria & April Fools... ALL on VHS - very important to be on VHS.

3. Whats Your Favorite Candy?

Take 5, peanut butter cups or Ghiradelli dark chocolate with caramel.

4. Did you every you every go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?

Noone called it mischief night where I was from and I have always ruled Halloween and all its traditions whereever I may be. Those that were with me know, but Im not telling any secrets now...

5. As a horror host do you have any events for Halloween this year?

Yes!! We just got back from Spooky Empire, We will be broadcasting from Burbank's weekend of horror Oct 15-17th and we should be at the SF Haight St Hootenany on Sat the 23rd along with a rocking party the night of the 30/31st!
Bone Jangler                                                                           



1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?


 My primary Halloween tradition is to take Young Master Gregory trick-or-treating on Halloween. Now, our shows only air on cable TV. We can always tell who has satellite, and who has cable. The satellite people say, "Oh, wow! That's the best costume we've seen all night!" As we move on to the next house, the people behind us say to them, "Don't you know who that was?" When we go to a cable household, at first, they can't quite believe that it's really us, then, they quickly realize it is, and that we're at *their* house! They'll run inside, and grab their camera, and take photos of us, and with us. We get stopped all along the way too, by people using their cell phones to take pix of us. It's a lot of fun, and most people realize that this is probably what happens to us, and just say hello, not wanting to rob Greggy of his chance to haul in the candy.

2. What’s your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?


My favorite movies to watch on Halloween are "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein," "Mad Monster Party," and the original 1978 "Halloween." If we decide to pull an all-nighter, we also watch "Halloween II," which, to me, is almost as good as the first movie.

3. Whats Your Favorite Candy?


 My favorite candy, hands down, is Cherry flavored Jolly Ranchers. Anyone coming to a public appearance of our's that wants to bring me something should bring me that! Mmm, mmm! As for candy bars, I'm a fan of Oh Henry, Mars Bar, and Milky Way Midnight. Greggy actually hates chocolate, and won't touch it. Nocturna usually snags the chocolate.

4. Did you every you every go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?


I never really got into that. I'm not a fan of vandalizing people's property. Besides, we're up to our own brand of sexy mischief every day of the year!

5. As a horror host do you have any events for Halloween this year?


I have no plans for making appearances this Halloween, although I was made an extremely handsome offer, which I, unfortunately, had to pass on. Instead, I'm just going to focus on us having the best Halloween possible!

A. Ghastlee Ghoul                                         



1. Do you have any Halloween Traditions?


AGG: "Every day is Halloween for me, so on October 31st I like to put on a three piece suit, polish up the wingtips and march up and down in front of the house protesting myself."

2. Whats your favorite Horror/Sci Fi movie to watch on Halloween?

AGG: "An Inconvenient Truth. That animatronic Al Gore is creepy!"

3. Whats Your Favorite Candy?

AGG: "The melt-in-your-mouth minds of America's youth."

4. Did you ever go out on mischief night and if you did what did you do?


AGG: "Wrap myself in toilet paper, put bags of flaming soap on people's porches and smear dog poop on their windows. Wait, maybe I'm not remembering that exactly right..."

5. As a horror host do you have any events for Halloween this year?

AGG: "The doctors say they are 'episodes' not events, and with proper medication they can be controlled. Really, my big October event is always the Cinema Wasteland convention in Cleveland. Enough celebrating goes on there to last six months until the April show!"



No comments: